A new season brings with it a new lease of life, especially spring and summer.We are insipred to spring clean our house, our car and clean out and declutter our office. Our make up basket and skin care products are no exception here. They too need to be sorted.
Spring clean your skin care products simply by sorting out what suits your skin now. If your half way through your day moisutiser but your finding it too heavy now due to the warmer weather, dont stress about waste as the moisturiser will be fine until next winter when you can commece using it again. Always remember to store your products in a cool place out of direct light.
Any skin care product that is out of date, throw out, if it has an odd smell or the ingrediants have seperated, again throw it out.
Make up is a little different, most powdered blushes & bronzers,eye shadows and eye liner will last a life time. However lip glosses need to be thrown out when they feel tacky and mascara needs to be replace every six (6) months. And if your foundations has seperated it needs to go in the bin.
Make up brushes need to be cleaned every few months, a simple job using professional shampoo and conditioner. Wash and condition your brushes as you would your hair and leave on a hand towel to dry naturally, but remember to smooth the hair while brushes are wet to ensure your brush stays as good as new.
In regards to your skin care needs for summer here are my tips:
1. For oily skin types, use a light moisturiser for the day to control oil and shine. Keep your ‘heavier’ moisturise for winter.
2. For all skin types add a vitamin A treatment to your night routine – this will keep your skin smooth and bright. A great treatment to combat pigmentation.
3. Be aware that your skin can become dry and lack water content due to our enviromental changes caused by air conditions and swimming in summer. For all skin types to combat the dryness add in a treatment that is rich in plant oils such as Rose Hip oil – this amazing product is also extreamly benificial for oily and problematic skin types. Oils are always best applied at night.
4. Now we all know this one and it needs no explanation – apply sunscreen daily.
My summer tips for make up:
1. If your mascara is six (6) months or older – throw it out and purchase a new Mineral Mascara.
2. The tone/shade of our skin changes with the seasons, in summer we all tend to go a little darker so either purchase a new Mineral Foundation, now don’t be overwhelmed by this task as we are here to help you, all you need to do is sit in our makeup chair and we’ll colour match you, its a matter of minutes and we’ll take the ‘chore factor’ out of it for you. The other option you have is to add a bronzer to your cheeks and to the points of your face – forehead, bridge of your nose and chin. This is a quick fix and works a treat to add a little colour to a foundation that is a little light for you.
3. After you apply your foundation dust over a light coat of Rice Powder – rice is known to absorb moisture and oil therfore making your foundation look fresher and last longer.
Summer also brings with an extra busy social life as there are plenty of Christmas parties to attend and the warmer weather inspires outdoor entertaining and pool parties, even though your busy remember to allow time to take care of your skin, healthy skin is the perfect foundation to flawless makeup.
When in doubt about your skin care or make up please know you can always come to anyone of us at Lush for help and advice, We Love to help as much as we love Products and Mineral Makeup.